FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Afenifere that endorsed Buhari, Osinbajo are APC members – Yoruba Youths Forum


Yoruba youths under the umbrella of Yoruba Youths Forum (YYF) have declared that a faction of Afenifere, a pan Yoruba socio-cultural organisation that endorsed the candidature of President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice, Professor Yemi Osinbajo for the February 16th Presidential election, were members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
National President of the forum, Mr. Abiodun Bolarinwa made this declaration while reacting to the endorsement of Buhari and Osinbajo by some leaders of a faction of Afenifere led by Chief Ayo Fasamni on Tuesday.
DAILY POST recalls that the faction led by Chief Ayo Fasanmi had on Tuesday during a program themed “Restructuring for harmonious and optimal socio-economic development: Prospects and Challenges” held at the International Conference centre, University of Ibadan, insisted that they endorsed Buhari and Osinbajo because they have performed well.
Buhari and Osinbajo’s endorsement moved by Chief Biyi Durojaye who doubles as Chairman of the Board of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), was supported by other five leaders of the group among whom were, Prince Tajudeen Olusi (Lagos), Professor Bayonile Ademodi (Ondo), Elder Yemi Alade (Ekiti), Chief S. M. Akindele (Oyo), and Sooko Adewoyin (Osun).
But, Bolarinwa while addressing journalists shortly after storming out of the meeting on Tuesday said that those who called themselves leaders of the Afenifere that endorsed Buhari and Osinbajo are APC members.
He said that he stormed out of the meeting because those who are the real members of the group like former Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Olu False and others were not at the event.
Bolarinwa said, “I was so surprised when I got here. I believe that there are some leaders that are supposed to be here. I am not for any political party, APC or PDP. I am not in support of any of them.
“But, when I came in, I was expecting Chief Olu Falae and others. I did not see any of them here. If I should stay here, that means I am a traitor because they are my leaders.
“I see that this has turned to a one-man party, which is APC. They are APC members. Olu Falae should be here, some of our leaders should be here if they are Afenifere and it is not possible for me to be here because they are not Afenifere. This is a one-party affairs which is APC”.
Bolarinwa, while advising leaders of the South West geopolitical zone to desist from endorsing any of the presidential candidates, maintained that it is left for the people to vote according to their conscience.
He said, “I have been part of Afenifere since 1992, what you are seeing here is common in every organisation and society. That has been part of every society. It is everywhere. So forget about this endorsement. When the time comes the people will use their votes to speak.
“But, my advice for the President is that he should ensure that we have free, fair and credible elections. And the youths in Yoruba land and Nigeria in general should shun social vices. They should not be used to steal ballot boxes during the elections”.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines