FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis


 
Andy Murray
Andy Murray has announced he’s retiring from tennis after Wimbledon, due to an hip injury that has plagued him since 2017.
The 31-year-old made this known during an emotional press conference where he made it known that he still plans to take on the Australian Open but could walk away from tennis this month if his condition doesn’t improve.
At the press conference ahead of the Grand Slam, he started crying after telling everyone he wasn’t feeling great. He had to leave the room for several minutes so that he could calm down. He said;
“Obviously I have been struggling a long time and I have been in pain for about twenty months now.
“I’ve pretty much done everything that I could to try and get my hip feeling better and it hasn’t helped loads. I’m in a better place than I was six months ago but still in a lot of pain. It’s been tough.
“I’m going to play here. I can still play to a certain level, not a level I’m happy playing at. It’s not just that. The pain is too much really, I don’t want to continue playing that way.
“I’ve tried pretty much everything I could do but it hasn’t worked. In the middle of December I spoke to my team and told them I can’t keep doing this. I thought I needed to have an end point, because I was playing with no idea of when the pain was going to stop.
“I said to them maybe I could get through this until Wimbledon, that is where I would like to stop playing but I am also not certain I am able to do that.”
He said he’s in so much pain that he’s not enjoying the sport he loves. But not only is he afflicted with physical pain, but also the mental drain that comes with it. He added:
“Everyone I bump into that’s all they want to talk about [his health], it’s pretty draining. I have spoken to psychologists about it. It’s not fun or enjoyable.”
Murray walk away from tennis with two Wimbledon wins, a US Open title and two Olympic gold medals.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines