FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Enyeama ready to return

Former Super Eagles captain, Vincent Enyeama, is keen on a return to football, almost two years after making his last competitive appearance for French club Lille.
Enyeama, 36, last played for Lille in April 2017 and he was released by the 2011 French champions in August 2018.
“I have put the past behind me as I continue to train and hoping to make a positive return.
“I’ve received some offers in Israel and Turkey. But at this stage in life, I want to make family a priority when I need to make a move because they are very settled here in France.
“The way I play football is with a smile and I would love to do that knowing my family is happy and settled,” he told BBC.
Despite his age and his time away from the game, Enyeama says he his not ready to stop playing yet.
“Goalkeepers have a long lifespan in football and I believe I still have so much to offer.
“I’d be the first to stop when I know I cannot give my best. I continue to train at home hoping for the best.
“The way things ended at Lille was disappointing, it was sad to leave the club alongside others who gave everything; without the chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans.
“You are recovering (from an injury) after giving so much to the club and suddenly everything ended like that, respectful football decisions are made – with a new manager and project on the table.
“I quite understand and respect that, yet it was not the kind of end you would want for a beautiful story but this is football.
“I always share positive energy every time I get a chance to see some of our fans, it is a good bond that will always live with me,” Enyeama added.
Enyeama, who played 101 times for the Super Eagles, helped the club to the 2016 French League cup final where they were edged by giants, Paris St-Germain 2-1.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines