FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Ex-Labour Party deputy governorship candidate, Rabana defects to PDP

A former Attorney-General of Cross River State and deputy governorship candidate of the Labor Party in 2015, Mrs. Nella Andem Rabana has returned back to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
She announced her return to PDP at an event in Calabar, the state capital which had the state Governor, Ben Ayade in attendance, on Wednesday.
Rabana explained that she returned to PDP because she has always been an advocate of the interest of her constituents and having seen the performance of the Governor, it was “only fitting that she returned and support his reelection bid.”
According to Rabana: “I was not enticed out of PDP, it was a decision that I made and why did I make that decision? I felt that the interests of the people and the community that I belonged was not served and I left.
“I moved to Labour, but at the same time, I have always said and will continue to say, my state comes first. It is above and should be above all other interests. As a result, when the announcement happened, I said it is God who enthroned and if He has enthroned someone, that is who I will recognize, full stop and who was it? Professor Ben Ayade.”
She disclosed that her departure from the PDP had afforded her the opportunity to view things in a holistic manner and after her first meeting with Ayade, she became convinced that the governor had a “heart of gold.”
“I have engaged the Professor, our governor, not as PDP but as another party and sometimes for you to have objectivity, you need to be standing outside and looking in. I have had the opportunity of standing and I have seen what is outside and I have decided to come back because this is a family.
“There was something about PDP, there was camaraderie, there was friendship, there was brotherhood, you felt you are a family, you knew everybody and everybody knew you and you looked out for each other. Things happened, yes, but generally, there was camaraderie and that is what I missed and I say I missed.
“Now, it is a good thing and I thank God for the opportunity to have sojourned a little bit outside. It gave me an opportunity to compare because I believe that when you make a comment, it should be based on something; that is why I love statistics, I like numbers, if I don’t have a number, I will keep quiet; so I have compared and I say where we are in Nigeria today, in our interest, we had better go back to PDP.”
Rabana also pledged to work for the re-election of Ayade in the forthcoming election.
She said: “I came to fight, to make sure and I will fight with others. The point is, we cannot be disjointed
“We will not be afflicted with injustice, we will not be afflicted with undue semantics.”

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines