FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

How I almost neglected my family when I was Oyo State Governor – Ladoja

A former Governor of Oyo State, Senator Rasidi Adewolu Ladoja, on Saturday said that he retired from seeking political offices because he overworked himself while he was the governor of the state.
Ladoja, who is now the Osi Olubadan of Ibadanland was the governor of the state between 2003 and 2007 on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He said that the need to rest, attend to family demands made his to retire from seeking elective positions, because, the situation at hand now deserves the need to rest.
Ladoja, while speaking with journalists in Ighoho, headquarters of Oorelope Local Government Area, recounted his journey from Accord Party to the Zenith Labour Party.
He insisted that candidates selection procedure made him to leave the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
He reiterated that the 2015 gubernatorial election in the state was not free and fair, leading to the suit his party filed to the election tribunal.
Ladoja while speaking said, “We have done what we could do, but I have said I won’t be vying for any office again.
“I almost neglected my family when I was in government because I gave my all to ensure good governance.
Ladoja, who is now a chieftain of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), added that he can only counsel the gubernatorial candidate of the party, Barrister Sharafadeen Abiodun Alli and not that he will be dictating for him after he becomes the governor in May 2019.
He said, “I will only counsel Sarafadeen Alli when he becomes governor. I can’t run his government for him. He would be the one to receive praises or insults, so he will do well to heed to good counsels”.
The former governor lamented that he was just an edifice without influence when he was in ADC.
He said that “they started doing things they didn’t tell us before we joined the party. They didn’t tell us that some persons will be given automatic ticket.
“We questioned the integrity of those the wanted to give automatic ticket. What is the assurance that people will vote for them.
“When was saw that we couldn’t persuade them to do the right thing, we decided to leave the party because we aren’t sure of its future.”

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines