FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Kanu Nwankwo laments Nigerian govt’s ‘takeover’ of his hotel in Lagos, says his medals have been stolen


Former Super Eagles’ captain, Nwankwo Kanu has lamented as the Federal Government through the Assets Management Company of Nigeria, AMCON, began renovations at his hotel, Hardley Apartment, located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
The former Arsenal striker almost broke down in tears, stating that some people are bent on taking over his hotel.
Hardley Apartment is subject of a court case over an alleged unpaid bank loan by the former football star.
Kanu, while addressing reporters in Lagos yesterday, wondered why a country he served wholeheartedly would treat him like a stranger.
He told journalists that the case between him and AMCON has been on since 2015 at the Federal High Court Ikoyi, Lagos, adding that he did not understand why the company would start renovating his property when the court has not decided the case.
He disclosed that most of his valued property, including his medals and Olympic torch, have been looted.
Kanu said, “It is quit unfortunate that a legendary star, who gave his best to the country, would be treated like this.
“This hotel serves many purposes. I have been using the money I get here to fund my heart foundation and also create jobs for people. Over 500 children are on the line for surgery and 200 are on the waiting list.
“Since the hotel has not been functioning, I find it difficult to get funds to assist these children. I have to go the extra mile to beg for funds. This is not fair.
“The government always tells former footballers not to invest overseas after retirement. They tell us to come back home and invest. I came back to invest and see what I am facing.
“Is this a good experience for other upcoming footballers? Everybody knows I made my money from football. I deserve to be treated well in my country. I am Kanu Nwankwo, not a foreigner.
“Right now I need my medals because they are what I will show my children that I served the country with all my heart when they grow up.”
Kanu said the case was last heard in 2018 and then adjourned to January 31, 2019, adding that he was surprised to see that some people have taken possession of the hotel.
“They broke into my hotel without permission from the court. This is injustice to me for a country I gave my best,” he lamented.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines