FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

#LagosDebate: I Will Appoint 50 Special Assistants To Aid Governance In Wards, Says Salis

Owolabi Salis

The Lagos State Governorship Candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) Owolabi Salis, has said that he will appoint 50 Special Assistants to aid governance in various wards when he gets into office as the governor of the state.
He stated this during the governorship debate between him and other candidates on Channels Television.
He explained that the special assistants will be carrying out the duty of the governor.
According to Salis, “My first week into office, I will set up a ward executive council in every ward and appoint some special assistants in every ward at least 50”.
He regretted that the state had a ‘big problem’ to solve which the present administration had created.
Mr Salis revealed his plans of eradicating the violent brigades that are disturbing the state.
“I discovered in Lagos state that there are a lot of violent brigades in every looks and crannies in of the state.
“I want to clear all the violent brigades in Lagos state and I know I’m going to do it”.
On job creation, he said that he will invest heavily in the youths by providing employment for them.
“I want to give wealth creation at the grass root which is very important”.

He again lamented that the only thing preventing the progress of the state is the commonwealth which he claimed is in the hands of one individual.
“I’m very determined to take it from the hands of the individual and give it to the people of Lagos State”.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines