FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

15-year-old Girl Crushed To Death By Train As She Looked At Her Phone While Crossing The Tracks (Photos)


Evie Wright
A 15-year-old schoolgirl was struck by a train and killed as she was looking at her phone while crossing a track.
Evie Wright was walking across a level crossing where a footbridge was supposed to have been built 20 years ago. She went through a gate on the pedestrian path across the track in Worle, Somerset.
A child who witnessed what happened described seeing Evie with her head down. She ‘kept looking down at her phone, like she was checking the time’ before being struck by the train.
The witness, who did not know Evie, told an inquest into her death:
The train was quite far away, past the bridge, but I could see it getting bigger as it approached, so I stopped and waited.
The girl kept looking down at her phone, like she was checking the time.
I heard a loud crash as the gate opened and closed behind her, and she looked to be moving vigorously across the track.
She was on the track looking at her phone, and then she leaned forward as if to see the train.
I instinctively closed my eyes, and when I opened them about ten seconds later, I could see her lying face down on the track, and the train was stopped.
Train driver Simon Harkus told the inquest:
I saw her looking up at me as she stepped towards the crossing. There was nothing I could do to stop my train at such a short distance. I saw the girl hunch down as though bracing herself, and then I felt the impact as the train hit her.
Evie was said to have ‘loved life’. Earlier that day she had sent friends a message with a picture of a dress she was planning on wearing at a sleepover. The coroner found no evidence that she intended to take her own life.
Following Evie's death, her father Lee Wright has requested a footbridge be installed by North Somerset Council.
Mr Wright said:
Whilst all this is going on in the background, children are trying to cross this crossing. Our daughter is not the first to die like this. I am disappointed in the people responsible for this, and I would like to request something is done as soon as possible.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

Singer Rihanna sues father for using her brand’s name