FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Election: Sirleaf, INEC boss meet in Abuja


The Head of ECOWAS Observer Mission to Nigeria and former Liberian President, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, has, Wednesday, met with the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Yakubu Mahmood at the INEC headquarters in Abuja, where she promised to help ensure a peaceful, free and fair elections in Nigeria.
The head of ECOWAS election observer mission for the 2019 elections, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has met with the INEC Chairman at the INEC headquarters in Nigeria.
Sirleaf who arrived Nigeria on Tuesday, also said that her visit was to get more pieces of information as regards Nigeria’s coming election.
She was earlier received by the Vice- President of ECOWAS Commission, Mrs Finda Koroma, at the Presidential Wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Tuesday.
She was also received by other members of the commission and some representatives of the ECOWAS Parliament.
“I hope to meet with political leaders, I want to be able to understand the role I have to play to make sure that I am well prepared to carry out the function.
“I am pleased that it is an ECOWAS assignment and I will be working with them (ECOWAS Commission) and they will guide me and I just expect that I will join all Nigerians to make sure that this whole process is so peaceful and successful.
“That is the purpose of my mission,” she said.
The former Liberian president also said she would share in the findings of earlier missions and consult with those who had been on ground.
“I cannot make a statement till I have had an opportunity to be able to share in the findings of earlier missions, to consult with those who have been on ground.
“At a later date, the ECOWAS Observer Mission will be fully engaged, will carry out its functions and speak when it is time to speak,” she said. 

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines