FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

I will curse anyone forcing me to help Baba Suwe — Liz Anjorin


Popular Yoruba actress, Liz Anjorin has unleashed her fury on those sliding into her comment section on Instagram to force her to help ailing actor and comedian, Baba Suwe. The actress invoked Olorun Ogun (god of iron) to kill anyone forcing her and making it compulsory that she must help.

Liz Anjorin
After the news broke that many of Baba Suwe’s colleagues have abandoned him, his fans have been a little off the edge and some of them have been attacking actors who they felt have not come to the aid of their super star. When one of such people attacked the actress she reacted with venom.
“You came to my page to be insulting and cursing me because of industry issue? My mother deserved my kindness but the hate in the industry and others sent her to early grave. They did not allow her to eat the fruit of her labour.
My mother battled stroke for good four years; I was in the court with a thief that stole my car all alone at this same time. What did my colleagues do to help me? They helped to spread bad rumours. If you come to my page to drop any hate speech, I pray this same thing happen to you and you will never come out of it. How many of them (colleagues) featured me in their movies or adopted me despite my generosity.
When my beloved mother died none of the artistes came except Lepa Shandy and Madam Asewo Toremecca. The headline written by a journalist “Colleagues Shun Liz Anjorin Mother’s Burial” still lingers in my brain. “Remember I can laugh with you but I will never betray my mother to mingle with some of you. If you come to my page to tell me who to assist Ogun (god of iron) will kill you and you die just like my mother,” she wrote in reaction to her fan’s query.
Unknown to many and according to Yomi Fabiyi, Liz Anjorin was one of the first people to react to Baba Suwe’s call for help. She explained in a post on her Instagram later.
“I don’t want to do this but it is right to shed light. The very 1st day I heard, I told Arike immediately to send the little coins I have in my account, she hit the ATM that night. You all know I just came back from market and of course many bills are waiting for me. I called Yomi the following morning to monitor it till he gets my alert. Behold, before I check my Instagram page it was flooded with different curses and evil speech. As I am blocking and deleting, they kept coming to my DM, My comment section,” she said.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

Singer Rihanna sues father for using her brand’s name