FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Man Kills Girlfriend’s Father For Demanding N3m From Him Over S*xual Affair With His Daughter

Strange times. A 50-year old palm wine seller, Matthew Idahosa, has been killed by a supposed lover of one of his daughters from whom he reportedly demanded the sum of N3m as compensation.
Late Matthew was said to have been bitter that the daughter’s lover, Atekha Iyare, a vulcanizer succeeded in sleeping with her.
The incident happened at Oza village in Orhionmwon area of Edo state.
Atekha, aged 50, who was paraded at the State Police Command, said he was shocked that the girl’s father said he would not marry her even if he paid the N3m.
He said the girl is a student and that both of them were lovers.
The suspect said he fled from the village when late Matthew was using policemen to harass him after the love affair bubble burst.
According to him, “I thought the father had forgiven me because I ate rice in their house on Christmas Day. The father brought policemen and the matter was being settled.
“I ran to the bush when the man threatened to kill if I did not pay the money. They told him to give me his daughter if I paid the money but he said ‘no’.
“When hunger was too much, I came out and decided to face the consequences. The man saw me while going to the farm and we started fighting. He held a gun while I held a wood.
“When I managed to get the cutlass from him, I cut him on the face and ran away with his motorcycle to avoid arrest. I was arrested by vigilante in Afuze, Owan East local government area.”
Police Commissioner, Hakeem Odumosu, said the suspect would soon be charged to court after investigations have been concluded.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines