FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Mark Zuckerberg’s Sister Reveals Why She Left Facebook After 10 Years


Mark Zuckerberg’s sister says she left Facebook because she ‘hated being the only woman in almost every room that I was in for 10 straight years.’
Randi Zuckerberg, 36, left her brother’s company in 2011 to found her own social media firm. But she said that women continue to be marginalized in the male-heavy world of tech.
‘I always felt very complicated about gender roles in Silicon Valley,’ she told CNN Business.
‘I loved what I did at Facebook.‘[But] I hated being the only woman in almost every room that I was in for 10 straight years.
‘And I always thought, you know, gosh, I want to be part of the solution, not continue to be part of the problem.
‘So I think maybe I need to step outside of Silicon Valley and really understand where we’re losing women and where we’re losing girls in this funnel.’
Randi Zuckerberg, who worked in the fledgling live video department of the social network in its early days, says that Facebook was her brother’s vision.
‘It’s his company,’ she said. ‘At some point I really wanted to create something for myself.’
She recalls how her brother asked her to join Facebook in 2004, when it was just a startup with some 50 employees. She says that since that time, tech has had difficulty integrating women into the workforce.
‘One of the things that I did realize is that I desperately wanted to see a world where there was more representation from women in the room,’ she said.
‘And I couldn’t understand why, after 15 years, it’s changed so little.’
‘Even to this day, my best advice for young women in tech is to have a man’s name like Randy because I can’t even tell you how many meetings I got in those early days of Facebook because people thought that they were meeting a dude,’ she said.
‘And I just feel like it is my life mission to use the luck that I had and hold the door open for other women.’

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines