FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Presidential election result: How PDP lost of 300, 000 votes in Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi


The chairman of the South East Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, on Monday lamented that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, lost over 300, 000 votes to the operational failure of card readers during the conduct of the last weekend’s presidential election in the state.
Umahi made this known while briefing newsmen in Abakaliki on the success recorded by the party in the cause of the last presidential election described election as a game in which there is no permanent enemy and friend but permanent interest within a political arena.
“I want to thank Ebonyi people for coming out to cast their votes. I want to thank politicians and political parties that participated in the election. Election is a game. It comes and goes. No permanent enemy.
“I want to congratulate all those that won. Everybody has destiny. I want to commend the security agencies in the country. They refused to be induced. I also commend the officials of INEC. I want to console the families of electoral officials who died in active service. My prayer is that God will grant them eternal rest.
“Buhari still remains my friend whether is losing or passing. I can’t castigate him and I can’t cajole him. Over 300, 000 votes were discarded in Ebonyi because of the hiccups of the card readers. We have issue between constitution and guidelines. We have given 260, 000 votes to PDP. The rest is what INEC announces. PDP has done well.
“The truth is that I can’t speak for all the state. If you were declared winner and you didn’t use card readers, you may lose. I call for improvement and electronics voting. Card readers may not have been used in other parts of the country.
“The issue of the card readers was a problem. Every responsible Governor must respect the President. He is the boss of all the Governors. You can’t get anything by castigating him. If you make your leader happy, he can assist you in making progress. I am in a hurry to change the narrative of Ebonyi,” he stated.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines