FEATURED POST

Job: Nigeria, Britain partner to combat unemployment

Image
The Nigerian government has expressed its willingness to partner with the British Government in tackling unemployment and creating job opportunities for young persons in the country. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, with the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams. PHOTO: NAN The Minister of State for  Labour  and Employment, Dr Festus Keyamo, stated this when the Political Counsellor, British High Commission, Mr Dominic Williams, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja. “We are ready to collaborate with our partners all over the world to open up avenues for job creation. We are open to all kinds of suggestions and levels of co-operation,” he said. He disclosed that the Government has opened up other sectors as part of efforts to diversify the economy from oil, which would, in turn, create room for employment. According to him, part of the efforts of Government to diversify the economy and boost job creation...
PropellerAds

People also read:

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

See How Lecturer Disclosed Having Consensual S*x With A Minor Before Court


Dr Afeez Baruwa, an ex-lecturer with the University of Lagos, accused of raping a 17-year-old admission seeker (name withheld), has said that he had consensual s*xual intercourse with the teenager.
Report has it that Baruwa made the claim on Friday while testifying for five hours before an Ikeja High Court.
Led in evidence by his counsel, Mr Olanrewaju Ajanaku, Baruwa described himself as a community leader at Abesan, Lagos, and an academic who worked as a project supervisor at the Distant Learning Institution (DLI) of the university from 2010 to 2015.
He said that the father of the complainant, also a community leader at Abesan Low-Cost Housing Estate, where they both lived, was known to him and had approached him to aid his daughter to gain admission into the institution.
Baruwa said that in the early hours of July 23, 2015, the man dropped off the teenager at his home and they both left for university for him to resume work and also to help her with admission.
He said: “We arrived Unilag at 6.05am, and we went down to my friend’s office where I use as my study room as well as supervision contact.
”As we were going upstairs, we saw about seven Muslims observing their normal early morning prayer.
“In the office, we were talking generally; then I offered her tea or coffee, she settled for coffee and she made it for herself. All this while, the door of the office was open and there was no way I could put on the air conditioner.
“She told me that as a result of the coffee, she was feeling hot and that I would need to shut the door. I responded that it was too early in the morning (before 7a.m.) for us to be alone.
“She told me to lock the door that after all, she was mature enough, and I did. After that, she picked up a textbook to read. She sat on a single chair while I sat on a three-seat chair.”
The former lecturer said he fell asleep but was woken up after about 20 minutes by the complainant who, he claimed, was fondling him.
“Her hands were all over me and I woke up and I looked at her. By then, she had already removed the buttons of her blouse and I did suck her bre@sts.
“She said she needed to pull her white shirt so that it will not be stained and she had her jeans trousers on. We were romancing each other in that position, my lord.
“She told me that she wanted me to have s*x with her and I replied that there was no way I could practise unsafe s*x with her; this was some minutes past 7a.m. .
“She sucked my p3nis and I thereafter released, and around that time, one of my students came in, but we had dressed up,” Baruwa said.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Gentle Soul - Mama's Prayer

Court of Appeal reverses Nyako’s impeachment as Adamawa state governor

#BBNaija: Jackye's boyfriend blasts Ebuka for putting her on the spot

OAU Post utme/ DE screening for 2018/2019 Guidelines